Friday, October 24, 2014

INTERAGENCY BOARD SPECIAL PROJECT TO FOCUS ON FEMALE BODY ARMOR

I just returned from the Interagency Board (IAB) October meeting which was held in Arlington, VA.  While there I was assigned to a special project team that will focus on female body armor.  The team was able to put together an initial action plan and outline of the project's focus, time-frame for completion, and path forward.  The IAB is now putting together a survey to be sent out to female officers.  Please watch for that survey, and please participate when you receive it.

The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) is also working on some new research focusing on female body armor.  They will soon be forwarding to me an official request for photos of female officers in their body armor.  Once I receive that I will post that information here and send it out region-wide and through the IAWP list-serve.  Again, I encourage you to participate.

The more feed-back the IAB and NIJ receive the better the research will be. 

Marcie

No comments:

Post a Comment